Hi Mke,

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Mike Schrag<msch...@mdimension.com> wrote:
> Dave already did this, but I wanted to do a pass also.
> Let me begin this by saying that I have to be very careful what I say
> because I _actually know what is going on_.
> It would be ridiculous for Apple to even consider replacing their incredibly
> profitable and scalable web properties that are built on a very powerful
> technology.

Agree.

> Regardless of what that statement actually means, have you ever used Apple's
> WebObjects support?  I know I haven't.  Anyone who wants ACTUAL WO support,
> email me -- mDimension would be happy to put together a support package for
> you.

That's a good news.

>> Even Apple's current wo apps were not good testimonials for WO.
> iTunes Store and Apple Store are two of the largest online stores in the
> world.  I can't think of better testimonials for WO.

Let me put it this way: Microsoft live.com is the top 5 website in the
world. Will that convert you to ASP?

> Ajax framework has been available for 2 or 3 years in Project Wonder now,
> and has some capabilities that are unique to WO. If you came to WOWODC, you
> would have seen that we have frameworks for writing RESTful JSON services as
> well. Not sure what hot 21st century technology you're missing.

Even I am not here this year, I've read that on Project Wonder blog. I
really appreciate all your work on Project WONDER. Again, I didn't say
WO is like 20-century technology, but Apple's current web service is.

>> Maybe why WebObjects is still in Apple is because (1) Apple has no
>> other web technology, (2) Pierre try hard to defending and promoting
>> WO, and (3) both.
> There's a "(4) because it's awesome" that you're leaving out.

Yup, I forgot that.

Regards,
yllan