Hi,

I have been doing a fair bit of json-rpc the last few days. There are a few
approaches i have been using in my apps

In one.. i am using the json rpc at a component level for auto completion, and
for the starting of and tracking of long running server processes. These both
use LEWOStuff.. and andrew's json-rpc stuff works very well.

In another application, the site is actually a php site, and i am pulling data
out of the webobjects app and then building pages to display the data returned.
As its PHP and totally brain dead i am returning raw rows and not worrying
about EO's.. these raw rows translate almost directly into PHP's associative
arrays. This is primarily read only access into the application, again i am
using lewostuff on the woa side and some PHP library of suspect parentage.

The main reason for this approach was to allow for the other developers and
designers to be able to work on the pages without having to deal with the WO
which is a database of car parts. The only real draw backs are that it is php,
and the possible cost of continual requests into the woa (I am likely to cache
this in memory to lower this load). It is however a lot cleaner and more search
engine friendly than using AJAX style calls and javascript in the pages.

The car parts database/woa also provides a JSON-RPC interface that is used for
updating the database with a small pure java app that reads internal databases
and xml files and uploads it in batches.. This JSON-RPC is far better than
having to deal with XML data. It runs three or four times faster than the xml,
and uses much less bandwith.

If you want some examples just sing out and i can provide you with code.

Cheers
John