On 23/04/2010, at 3:57 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

> Hi Lachlan,
>
> On Apr 21, 2010, at 7:40 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
>
>> In other news, while announcements are in order: I started a new job a
>> couple of weeks ago where spring+hibernate is in play. So my contributions
>> will mostly likely slow down somewhat, not that they weren't slow already ;)
>> Oh, and my wife and I had a little baby boy 4 weeks ago. Lots of fun. A
>> little bundle of joy!
>
> Congratulations on your new son!  Remember: in some far off time from now,
> you WILL get a good night's sleep again.  :-P

At the moment it's every 2nd and 3rd night which is pretty good. We've found a
few things that seem to work. But it's certainly a whole new responsibility,
but a good one.

> As for the Spring + Hibernate, I am sure that many people here would be
> interested in hearing of your experiences and opinions on how it compares to
> WO development, the better and the worse.

Sure. Haven't seen much of Hibernate yet, and thus far just seen spring's
injection uses (older spring using xml configs). I'd been using a bit of
Google's Guice previously for other purposes, so nothing earth shattering
there. Just another means of abstraction but either way certainly lends itself
to clean code.

The other interesting shift is doing XP, pair programming and test driven
development.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck