On 05/12/2010, at 8:08 PM, Paul Hoadley wrote:

> EOF calls PreparedStatement.setTimestamp(int, Timestamp) (implemented in
> AbstractJdbc2Statement), which in turn calls
> PreparedStatement.setTimestamp(int, Timestamp, Calendar) with a null Calendar.

Just for completeness, that's not quite true.  Ramsey pointed out that
JDBCColumn.takeInputValue() calls setObject() on that class.  This is the top
of the stack trace in setTimestamp(int, Timestamp, Calendar):

        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.setTimestamp(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:3049)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.setTimestamp(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:1334)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.setObject(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:1649)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Statement.setObject(AbstractJdbc3Statement.java:1438)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.setObject(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:1700)
        at
com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCColumn.takeInputValue(JDBCColumn.java:569)
        at
com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel._bindInputVariablesWithBindingsAndExecute(JDBCChannel.java:260)
        at
com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel._evaluateExpression(JDBCChannel.java:337)
        at
com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel.evaluateExpression(JDBCChannel.java:296)
        at
com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel.selectAttributes(JDBCChannel.java:220)
        at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseChannel._selectWithFetchSpecificationEditingContext(EODatabaseChannel.java:897)
        at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseChannel.selectObjectsWithFetchSpecification(EODatabaseChannel.java:234)
        at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext._objectsWithFetchSpecificationEditingContext(EODatabaseContext.java:3055)
        at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext.objectsWithFetchSpecification(EODatabaseContext.java:3195)
        at
com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOObjectStoreCoordinator.objectsWithFetchSpecification(EOObjectStoreCoordinator.java:488)

setObject() is called, and then eventually setTimestamp(int, Timestamp) then
setTimestamp(int, Timestamp, null).  So I was wrong to implicate EOF even
peripherally: looks like it's entirely the JDBC driver.

--
Paul.

http://logicsquad.net/