On 07/12/2010, at 6:13 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

> Is there a Wiki page for EOF and Postgres?  It strikes me as this is
> something that should be documented.  I don't think  we can "fix" it, as it
> would impact people with existing data.

I can put it here:

http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Database+Compatibility+and+Comparisons-PostgreSQL

I'm just trying to nail down one last detail.  I've noted that calling
TimeZone.setDefault() in the Application constructor doesn't seem to occur
early enough to influence the JDBC driver's creation of its default
GregorianCalendar.  Setting user.timezone works, but it _doesn't_ work from a
Properties file, which would have been ideal.  The only method that works is
setting -Duser.timezone=UTC as a launch argument, which is a pain because I
have to remember to do it every time I set up a new app.  Is there any way I
can get some code called even earlier than the Application constructor?

--
Paul.

http://logicsquad.net/