On Dec 6, 2010, at 2:10 PM, Paul Hoadley wrote:

> On 07/12/2010, at 6:13 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:
>
>> Is there a Wiki page for EOF and Postgres?  It strikes me as this is
>> something that should be documented.  I don't think  we can "fix" it, as it
>> would impact people with existing data.
>
> I can put it here:
>
> http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Database+Compatibility+and+Comparisons-PostgreSQL

Perhaps more likely to be found here:
http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Project+WONDER-Frameworks-PostgresqlPlugin

> I'm just trying to nail down one last detail.  I've noted that calling
> TimeZone.setDefault() in the Application constructor doesn't seem to occur
> early enough to influence the JDBC driver's creation of its default
> GregorianCalendar.  Setting user.timezone works, but it _doesn't_ work from a
> Properties file, which would have been ideal.  The only method that works is
> setting -Duser.timezone=UTC as a launch argument, which is a pain because I
> have to remember to do it every time I set up a new app.  Is there any way I
> can get some code called even earlier than the Application constructor?

I suspect the problem is that the driver is in /Library/Java/Extensions and so
is getting loaded and initialized by the boot class loader (or is that root
class loader?  Q will know.).  If that is where it is, try removing it from
there and adding it to /Libraries in your application.  That should delay

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall
knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.