Hi Daniel,

Can you tell us how Entity Framework measures up to EOF?  Is it better in some
areas?  Is it missing features in other areas?

Thanks,
Chuck

On 2014-03-07, 7:22 AM, "Daniel Mejia" wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to share my experience with WO.

We have developed many systems with WO, some of them was for a big telephone
company here in Mexico. After some changes in the IT department in this company
they decided to change all the system developed with WO. They call  HP, MS and
many other companies to get a proposal for the change of this systems, after
many meetings with these people they decided to leave the system because the
cost and time of development was out of they budget (we have developed that
systems in a very short time and the cost was small compared with the other
companies because  all the facilities of WO). The system survived some time but
finally the get the money and changed the systems.

For a long time I was afraid to leave the WO dev tools. I have developed many
applications and I can’t find any thing close to this tools. But for customers
decision we need to look for new tools and luckily we have found tools that let
us forget of the awesome of WO.

We have developed with Entity Framework, XAML and C#, VisualStudio, not perfect
but for many systems has everything that you need.

Other tool that we have used for a small (tiny) projects is Groovy on Grails.
Fast, easy to learn, develop and deploy.

Now we are very excited using the new JavaScript tools like SproutCore, Ember,
nodeJS, MongoDB, etc.. The things that you can achieve with this tools are
amazing. Most of the people behind SproutCore and Ember have worked for Apple.

Before we found this platforms we lost projects because the lack of enough
developers to support the WO systems and the stories in Internet that said WO
is dead (We know is not dead but is very hard to convince the other people).

I'm still using WO for internal and personal projects, but now I’m migrating
everything to the JavaScript world.

Regards,

Daniel.

On Mar 7, 2014, at 4:34,