Marc,

On Oct 20, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
> Thanks, no problem, I just happen to have the time to work on this. I am just
> recovering from 2 spinal surgeries and having to re-learn walking and other
> things ... nasty stuff spinal injuries. Also, the only comfortable position
> for me right now is one particular chair in my house and no other. Lying on
> my back is actually quite painful.

Very sorry to hear about this, and I wish you the quickest possible recovery!
This sounds like a really difficult ordeal.

>>> Remember André's original post that the SC discussed the choice of CMS at
>>> their last meeting and the SC now wants to hear a proposal by the end of
>>> the week as to which CMS the team recommends. So, our recommendation will
>>> go to the SC as a proposal which they will consider.
>>>
>>> I would then suggest that our proposal should then account for the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> * CMS proposed by the team:
>>> * Virtues of the CMS being proposed by the team:
>>> * The shortfalls of the CMS being proposed:
>>> * Perhaps a demo site (we would have to dress it up a little better for the
>>> SC)
>>> * List of people who would like to commit themselves to helping with the
>>> running of the CMS:
>>
>> This looks like a great outline for the final proposal. Thanks again for
>> creating this. It may make sense to write out this proposal on the current
>> wiki page
>> (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Evaluation_of_CMS_Platforms) or
>> perhaps a new page of its own?
>>
>> -Ben
>>
>> Benjamin Horst
>> bho...@mac.com
>> 646-464-2314 (Eastern)
>> www.solidoffice.com
>>

> This makes sense. I have just proposed this with Andre as well as the fact
> that there is probably a person on this discussion thread who would be
> willing to update the Wiki for public viewing.
>
> Marc

As suggested somewhere, I've created a table on the wiki page to enter the
specific strengths and weaknesses of Drupal and SilverStripe. I've just seeded
it with a few points so far. Others will need to add to it:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Evaluation_of_CMS_Platforms#CMS_Comparison

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bho...@mac.com