Just a quick thought -- it might be easier to put this into the
AppServer script, and say if Launch.py exits with a certain error code
it will restart the AppServer (instead of just exiting).  Then the
process fully exits, and all files will be cleaned up by the OS.  I'm
pretty sure AppServer.bat could do this too (somehow... despite the
lameness of batch programming).