Jason Hildebrand wrote:
Oops, I didn't notice there is already a 'HTTPPort' option. I had
meant the latter -- if any value is given for HTTPPort, we start
the server. On second thought, it might be more clear to use two options:
'UseBuiltinHTTPServer' (boolean) to enable the server, and 'HTTPPort' (which already exists) to specify the port.

I'd prefer a shorter "EnableHTTP" option.

I think I prefer the name 'BuiltinHTTPServerPort' over 'HTTPPort' though.
It's annoying long, but 'HTTPPort' is very likely to confuse new webware uses who haven't yet grasped how a webserver and the appserver typically communicate. I foresee someone setting up apache on port 80, and then
also setting 'HTTPPort' in Webware to 80. :(

This confusion is a problem, but maybe it would be preferable to put in a better error message when we try (and fail) to bind to a socket? BuiltinHTTPServerPort is just a little on the long/hard-to-read side.

--
Ian Bicking  /  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /  http://blog.ianbicking.org