On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 17:28 -0500, Winston Wolff wrote:
> How about renaming the current HTTPPort to AdapterPort, i.e:

>       HTTPPort = If EnableHTTP is True, then the built-in web server listens
> to this port for web requests.
>       AdapterPort = If EnableAdapter is True, then the application server
> listens on this port for requests from the mod_webkit adapter.

This is a good idea, thanks Winston.  Adding EnableAdapter would allow
us to listen _only_ on HTTP (something Geoff mentioned earlier).

> An unfortunate side effect of this would be confusion with old config
> scripts.

True.  I would be inclined to continue to support the 'Port' setting for
backwards compatibility, but to officially deprecate it (possibly emitting
a warning) and change all documentation and config file templates to use
'AdapterPort'.  Unless there are objections, I will implement these
changes.

peace,
Jason