On Mar 22, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Winston Wolff wrote:
I want to put up the CheetahKit that I use on subversion. I don't want to put it in the Webware folder though. Since people use Cheetah two ways, as a servlet and as a template used by a servlet, putting CheetahKit in at the root level implies to new users that one way is "normal".

Shall I put it at the root, same level as ZPTKit, LoginKit, etc? I feel like the root is getting a little cluttered and we should put this stuff in a sub volder. What about an Extras or Examples folder that all this stuff should go to. Probably not WSGIKit since that is a separate significant project. Thus I'm thinking:
svn://webwareforpython.org/
Webware/
WebKit/
MiddleKit/
WSGIKit/
Examples/
Component/
LoginKit/
ZPTKit/
CheetahKit/

It doesn't bother me particularly that there's multiple packages at the root. If people think it's a real problem, not just a perceived inelegance, then sure, this would be fine. Though of course with a different name than "Examples". But I don't see any real problems at this point -- browsing around the repository from the root isn't something I expect new users to do.

--
Ian Bicking | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://blog.ianbicking.org