when you had cams and weewx on one machine did you have turbo mode
enabled?  It would have needed it I expect.

weewx will have failed because the camera were hogging resources - you
could have tried raising the priority.  weewx will trundle along at very
low cpu usage UNTIL it generates reports and plots - then it will need very
high resources.