John,

Don't worry about the import config file, I think I have found the issue.
You have uncovered a bug in how the import field mapping is processed;
normally wee_import needs to be told what units a given imported field is
in eg C or F if a temperature based field. In such cases the field map is
of the format:

weewx field name = import field name, weewx unit code

eg

outTemp = temp, degree_C

Normally you must include the weewx unit code for each import field.
Date-time fields are a bit special, wee_import checks if the import field
is a timestamp, if not it checks if it is a date-time format it can decode
and if not it throws an error. So for the date-time fields the weewx unit
code can be omitted (which is what you have done). The bug you have
uncovered is in the parsing of the field map; in essence the whole dateTime
map is discarded if there is no weewx unit code which is why you get the
error you have encountered. I will need to make a couple of changes to some
of the wee_import code to fix the bug but you can avoid the bug by
including the weewx unit code against your dateTime map as follows:

dateTime    = timestamp, unix_epoch

Let us know how you go.

Gary