Well, i have finally finished the data importation, which i couldn't have
done without your utility Gary.
The last couple of month gap i filled using Cumulus monthly txt reports
(over the years i tried a few different progs until finding the Jewel of
all, Weewx). No problem, says i, being forwarned about leading spaces,
timedate fields, interval types etc. I failed miserably again! Having tried
combinations of strptime strings and checked for spurious spaces etc, i
decided to convert the date time strings to epoch in Calc (Ubuntu
LibreOffice), and import the resulting csv file. That worked first time
using the mapping
datetime, unix_epoch.
I also found where the leading spaces came from in my earlier attempts: i
added the two columns date and time into datetime (all columns formatted as
time data), and the leading spaces appeared in the result.
I used =(A2-DATE(1970,1,1))*86400 (thanks Google) where A2 was the first
data in the timedate column, to convert to epoch in calc, and then saved
the resultant spreadsheet as a .csv file.
So thanks again for the utility and for Weewx. Hopefully i wont torment you
anymore!
8 years of weather <http://www.thatchmasters.ie/weather/10year.html>
Excuse the gap in the wind graph where the bearings blew, and the spurious
rain data in the section i last imported. The spiders must have been busy
again, but i shall normalise those data soon
Regards
John