I've been working on setting up weewx for the last few days, and making
slow but sure progress. I want to make sure I understand this though:

>  you can deduce that reports cannot be run more frequently than once at
the end of each archive period

With my hardware (Davis Vantage Pro2), the archive_period is apparently 540
seconds. When I try setting the archive_interval to less than that, I get
the following message on startup:

"The archive interval in the configuration file (30) does not match the
station hardware interval (540). Using archive interval of 540 seconds
(specified by hardware)."

Does that mean that I can't upload to a remote server more frequently than
every 9 minutes?

If not, would it be possible to explain the reasoning? The total report is
only 140k, it seems pretty natural to want to upload it more often than
every 9 minutes, if only to test changes in formatting. I'm guessing I'm
misunderstanding something somewhere.