Back to the list.

I believe I've made the necessary additions to handle unit
conversions, adjusted the decimal places accordingly, and have
rejigged the australian rain setting so that it can be tweaked for
other start times - ie: other countries. Apparently India and France
do something similar. The skin.conf file has the details.

I woke up to the fact that the starting units should be in one of 3
forms, weewx US, METRIC, or METRICWX (without getting bogged down in
edge cases.)
On that basis the section [[PHPUnits]] in the skin.conf file should
take care of most conversions.

I also took the decimal place suggestions as used by weewx and
incorporated those into the calcs.

I've now included the default skins css file (weewx.css) so it should
integrate with that skin as well as the seasons skin.

What was called australian_rain has become shift_rain to allow anyone
with oddball rain  days to offset the rain start to suit their local
(quirky) time.  Obviously, it only affects this reports display.
It may prove useful to compare the weewx data with rainfall recorded
in ye-olde paper and scribe days, or to stop great grandpa complaining
about change and why it shouldn't happen!
If nothing else it made me appreciate the logical simplicity of
midnight to midnight results, especially being the total for THAT day,
and with no other mental gymnastics required!

Following on from the data checking viewpoint. You can set
ext_interval to be the same as your archival interval (rather than the
default 30 minutes) and it will return all archive data as recorded
for that day. Asking for every record for the day will add extra load
onto weewx and will more than likely interfere with report generation,
but it's an option that may save firing up your database tools
immediately. Use with caution.

I now have a live version running against an sqlite database at my stations site
http://203.213.243.61/weewx/wxobs/index.php
It's a small database, the values start from the 5th Oct 2017 but it
should stay current if the network stays up.

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie

On 23 September 2017 at 08:32, Glenn McKechnie
<glenn.mckech...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>

>> I installed your wxobs and it worked straight out of the box - well nearly !
>> The default units are in imperial and I would like a mix of imperial and
>> metric.
>> i.e.
>> Temperature units to be in metric
>> Wind units to be in imperial