Thank's for the info on skins, I will have a look at them when I get things
working properly on the default one.

I have got the local web server working but it seems to be updating every
30 mins!!  From what I can gather this is set by the Vantage Pro 2 and
there is a utility called wee_config_vantage somewhere that is used to set
a more realistic time. I believe this is the archive time? Where is this
utility and how do I run/use it. Whats bothering me is if I set this update
time to say 1 min so that I can see the live data locally that the ftp to a
website will be at the same update rate which is far too often. As far as I
can see there is no simple way to update the local web server at 1 min
interval and ftp every 5 or 10 mins. Also if I do manage to set this to 1
min locally will this hammer to death the SD card in the Raspberry Pi.