On Monday, January 28, 2019 at 11:34:08 AM UTC-8, monmul wrote:

> I do have a spare official power supply, so I will swap out that and test.
> ... I have a Pi3B+ on the way

Reminder, the pi3b+ need 'more' power and runs a little hotter than the
others, so definitely be certain you have a quality power supply.

I have had great luck with
https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Power-Supply-Listed/dp/B07BC6WH7V
just as one example.  Also like the nice on/off switch dongle that came
with it.