Thanks for the performance and power metrics, Vince. Precisely the kind of
information for which I was looking.

I have 3.9.2 running the simulator on a 4GB Pi 4 as well.  It's sitting
around 45-46 C with a little fan, and I'm using a powered USB for now to
handle the keyboard and mouse, etc. I wanted to use the Flirc cases, and
I'd be interested to hear if you can cut a cable slot (with a Dremel tool
or the like.)  I want to use the Pi 4 with a camera to take a photo of my
yard every 5 minutes, and I stared at the pictures of Flirc cases for some
time. There seems to be no way to get a cable from the plug to outside the
case.  I like the idea of passive cooling, hence the Flirc stands out.  Are
there any hidden "braces," screw holes, etc. that might be a problem if one
were to cut a small cable slot?  I currently have a Pi 3+ taking the
photos, and transferring them to a standard PC running weewx under CentOS.
It's a "Rube Goldberg" software and hardware combination, and I think it'd
be easy to have the Pi 4 do everything.  Simple is always better.

I have to get a second Davis logger/USB cable to test this with another
console I've got so I can do a side by side comparison of my existing setup
with Pi 4.  The end game is to run this all headless except for the powered
USB hub.  I'll stick a USB 3.0 SSD on the hub to store my database on, as
well as the photos, to reduce hammering at the SD card. I think I can do
this and keep the temperature well under 50 C with a Flirc case if I can
get the camera cable through it somehow.  The Pi 4 throttles around 80 C,
so we shouldn't have any trouble with that.  Still, I like to keep
electronics running as cool as possible, hence the USB hub idea.

Anyhow, to keep this forum "weewx software support" oriented, I can report
that weewx 3.9.2 runs like a charm on a Pi 4!

- Paul VE1DX