Here is an example. I use WeeWX as a source of rain, wind, temperature, sunrise
and sunset info.

Based on that, shutters will open and close automatically.

But, I need to gage limits for e.g. at which cold temperature we start closing
the balcony door. Or I risk closing a shutter with a cat on the balcony. I am
even thinking of a PIR sensor.

But when WeeWX shows legend under the graphs unrelated to the graphs, I can
make mistakes. And keep our cats stranded on the balcony!