Gary,

thanks for that clarification. I'll have a look at the new feature if it
will be released in the next weewx point release.

As there there seems to be a rainRate software computation available, maybe
this could be copied and rainRate substituted by hailRate to get the
hailrate working working?
This would be a workaround and maybe not to difficult to patch and fit my
needs...but I know it would be wiped out with a new update of weewx....
I think at the moment I'm not skilled enough to write a service for the
missing hailRate....

Where can I find the rainRate software computation in wewx?

Regards,

Christian