John,

I struggeld installing the extension. I got:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/weewx/wee_extension", line 13, in <module>
    import weecfg.extension
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weecfg/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    import configobj
ImportError: No module named configobj

..but the module was installed!
I then figured out that wee_extension uses python2 but not python3 so the
module was missing in python 2!  ;-)
I treid to gove Python3 a try with weewx this time as I reinstalled it!
I changed in we_extension the first line to

#!/usr/bin/env python3

and it works.

But first I installed the loop-data exxtension by hand...but I think all is
in the right place as the loop-data.txt is build.

The WeatherBoardReport section in weewx.conf:

    [[WeatherBoardReport]]
        HTML_ROOT = /var/www/html/weewx/weatherboard
        enable = true
        skin = WeatherBoard
        [[[Extras]]]
            meta_title = Live-Wetter Langenseifen, Hessen  Weather at a
Glance WeatherBoard&trade;
            title = Live-Wetter Langenseifen Hessen WeatherBoard&trade;
            subtitle = Fortlaufend aktualisiert.
            logo = ""
            loop_data_file = ../loop-data.txt
            contact_email = ""
            expiration_time = 4
            page_update_pwd = foobar
            googleAnalyticsId = ""
            analytics_host = ""
            show_purple = False
        [[[Labels]]]
            [[[[Generic]]]]
                air_quality_index = Air Quality Index
                contact = Kontakt
                legend = Legende
                rain_today = Regen heute
                ten_min_max_gust = 10min Boee
                time_of_day = Uhrzeit
                high_gust_today = Booe max.
        [[[Units]]]
            [[[[StringFormats]]]]
                mile_per_hour = %.1f
                degree_C = %.1f
                km_per_hour = %.1f
                degree_F = %.1f

This section I added at the end of weewx.conf by hand:

#
# Options for extension 'weewx-loopdata'

[LoopData]
    [[FileSpec]]
        loop_data_dir = /var/www/html/weewx
        filename = loop-data.txt
    [[Formatting]]
        target_report = WeatherBoardReport
    [[RsyncSpec]]
        enable = false
        remote_server = foo.bar.com
        remote_user = root
        remote_dir = /var/www/html
        compress = False
        log_success = False
        ssh_options = -o ConnectTimeout=1
        timeout = 1
        skip_if_older_than = 3
    [[Include]]
        fields = current.dateTime.raw, current.windDir.ordinal_compass, day.
rain.sum, current.dewpoint, current.outTemp, current.rainRate, current.
windSpeed, day.windGust.max, 10m.windGust.max, current.windSpeed

But there is even a skin.conf at /etc/weew/skinWeatherboard/ ...

# Copyright (C)2020 by John A Kline (j...@johnkline.com)
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPLv3)
# See LICENSE for your rights.

[Extras]
    # Fill path of loop data file.  If not a full path,
    # it will be interpreted as relative to this skin's HTML_ROOT.
    loop_data_file = '../loop-data.txt'

    # Refresh rate is the rate at which the report should refresh with
    # the latest readings.  A good choice is the rate at which your
    # weather stations driver is feeing loop data.  Expressed in units
    # of seconds.  Default: 2 seconds.
    refresh_rate = 2

    # Fill in a sutiable title/subtitle for the report.
    title = 'my-weather-website.com WeatherBoard&trade;'
    subtitle = 'Updated continuously.'

    # If you have a log, specify it here.
    logo = ''

    # Fill in contact email to display on the report.
    contact_email = 'weather...@my-weather-website.com'

    # Choose your own password.  without ?page_update_pwd='xxx'
    # at the end of the URL, auto updating will timeout.
    # Note: This password will be viaible to users looking
    # at page source in their browser.
    page_update_pwd = 'foobar'

    # Page expiration time is the number of hours the report will request
    # loop data and update.  After which, a mouse clice will be needed
    # to start refreshing again.  Default 4 hours.
    expiration_time = 4

    # If you have a google analytics id, uncomment the following line
    # and fill in the ID.
    # googleAnalyticsId =
    # If you only want to use the ID on a certain host, uncomment the
    # following line and fill in the hostname.
    # analytics_host = www.example.com

    # If a PurpleAir sensor is set up and both weewx-purple and
    # purple-proxy are installed, or just weewx-purple is installed;
    # change the 'False' below to 'True'.
    # The weewx-purple extension can be found here:
    #    https://github.com/chaunceygardiner/weewx-purple
    # The purple-proxy server can be found here:
    #    https://github.com/chaunceygardiner/purple-proxy
    # It is preferable to install both weewx-purple and purple proxy
    # as the proxy returns averages over the archive period (as
    # opposed to one shot readings).
    show_purple = False

[Labels]
    [[Generic]]
        # Some specialized labels
        air_quality_index = Air Quality Index
        contact           = Contact
        legend            = Legend
        rain_today        = Rain Today
        ten_min_max_gust  = 10m Gust
        time_of_day       = Time
        high_gust_today   = Today's High Gust

[CheetahGenerator]
    encoding = html_entities
    [[ToDate]]
            template = index.html.tmpl

[CopyGenerator]
    copy_once = favicon.ico, weatherboard.css
    copy_always = ,

[Generators]
        generator_list = weewx.cheetahgenerator.CheetahGenerator,
weewx.reportengine.CopyGenerator

Do I have to care about!?

The WeatherBoard site seems to update with the interval given in weewx
(here 1min)....but the JS seems not to work?
It's starnge too that there are some obersavervations missing and the time
not catched and printed on the WB site...but Temp is changein (all 1min
while refreshing)?

Hope you could figure something out of my setting!?

Thanks in advance!

Christian