UPDATE:

Changed by weewx,conf file to read:
[Vantage]
# Use LOOP2 data in order to get access to wind_chill
    loop_request = 2

Restarted weewx

After only an hour or so, I saw that my console was reporting wind-chill
that was 2 to 3 degrees lower than outside temp, but the weewx graph showed
no difference.

Checked the syslog file today, and at the time of the restart found the
following odd statement:
16:40:18 raspberrypi weewx[30378]: wxcalculate: The following values will
be calculated: barometer=prefer_hardware, windchill=prefer_hardware,
dewpoint=prefer_hardware, appTemp=prefer_hardware,
rainRate=prefer_hardware, windrun=prefer_hardware,
heatindex=prefer_hardware, maxSolarRad=prefer_hardware,
humidex=prefer_hardware, pressure=prefer_hardware,
inDewpoint=prefer_hardware, ET=prefer_hardware, altimeter=prefer_hardware,
cloudbase=prefer_hardware

It seems odd that weewx would report it is calculating values that have
been set to 'prefer_hardware', plus I only used that for five parameters,
and weewx is reporting it has been set for several more.

So now I have two issues:
1. How can I tell whether LOOP2 packets ate being used (the graph indicates
they are not)
2. Why is weewx reporting it is calculating values that have been set to
'prefer_hardware'?

Thanks,  Stan