You don’t to delete records.  There isn’t really much to the rain calculation.
For all rain that occurred while WeeWX is up and running, the day_rain_total
will increment, the driver will calculate the delta and add it to the loop
record as ‘rain’.  For the discrepancy to occur, 0.09 inches would have had to
happen while WeeWX wasn’t running.

Let’s try a day where WeeWX has been running, uninterrupted, since midnight.