The IP100 resets the day’s rain total at midnight (according to it’s clock).
It doesn’t really matter to the driver when that happens.  The driver is simply
looking for a positive increment in day_rain_total.  On a negative increment
(e.g., reset), the driver just saves the last value and reports 0.0 for rain.