You have dug up quite an old thread. A lot has changed since. The
recommendation now is to just acquire the Ecowitt GW1000 and use the WeeWX
GW1000 API driver. The GW1000 will directly pick up your sensor data (it
doesn't talk to the display console...as it is its own console). You'll get
a much nicer experience with the GW1000, which will also let you add extra
sensors.
https://github.com/gjr80/weewx-gw1000