This thread started with the discussion being around the Ambient WS-2902
and that is totally different despite looking like the same unit. This is
because Ambient is the only Fine Offset clone reseller that changes the
firmware and they limit options. The Ambient version does not let you
upload to custom server address. The confusion here is that my response was
because I thought you had and Ambient branded unit. Since you don't have an
Ambient branded unit you do have the option to send to a custom server
using both WU and Ecowitt protocols. The WU protocol is limited and only
sends the basic set of sensors. The Ecowitt protocol allows you to send a
lot more optional sensors like PM2.5, soil moisture, extra temp/hum
sensors....etc. But still you'll have to configure the Interceptor driver
to match the protocol type that you set in you WH2900C for uploading to
your custom server.

The GW1000 though is still a more elegant and newer solution.

* The newest Ambient WS-2902 firmware finally after many years does gain
the ability to send to a custom server....BUT it is not WU protocol and it
is not Ecowitt protocol....it is Ambientweather.net protocol and enough
significant differences that the Interceptor driver will not work. This
newest firmware is not yet officially supported by Ambient. They haven't
yet release the updated awnet mobile app to enable turning and configuring
this option. All of these complexities and changing nature of the situation
makes it difficult to explain the situation to cover all possible
scenarios...what model you have and whom it is from and what firmware
version you are running and all the different supporting protocols that are
possible.

Using pfsense to capture and forward packets is really unnecessary for
anyone with a non-Ambient WH2900C....as it has a built in simple to
configure "Customized" server upload feature.