I suggest that you first get weewx running with the interceptor driver in a simple "normal" test environment. e.g. weewx host and console in the same subnet, no other fancy network and virtualization constructions.

Once that works, start changing step by step the test environment towards your finally planned setup and work out the issues on the path. Imho only such a systematic approach will lead you to the goal.

Many of your questions seem to come from your complex environment, and as long as you don' find anyone who completely understands your architecture (who would probably need a scheme, description, picture), the components used, their impact etc., you will most likely not get the proper answers.

I suggest moving from simple to complex.
epair0b is obviously a freenas speciality ...