Hi Michael,

thank you for the MQTT explanation. I saw when editing the skin.conf that
ws and wss are preconfigured. But I didn't think anything of it and was
under the misapprehension that mqtt would also work...
Since the weather page will only run locally for me, I'll stick with my
config for now. But it's good to know what I can do if I want to go out
into the big wide world.

Now to the topic: DEBUG user.gaugeengine: GaugeGenerator: Cannot decode
reading of 'None' for gauge
windDir' is understandable, there has been no wind here for a few hours, so
that also fits. For 'windDir' there are really many lines.
But for 'outTemp', 'barometer', 'outHumidity', 'dewpoint'... there are also
these messages. Since the live values are displayed, the mapping seems to
be correct.
They don't really bother me, but I wanted to mention it anyway. I am
attaching the zipped syslog.

Last point:
Reason: cannot find 'max_wind' while searching for
'BootstrapLabels.history_tables.max_wind'

I haven't actually changed the language to German yet. That would have been
one of my next steps. But the value is not available in
skins/languages/german.conf. So I added it and now I get the following
error:hank you for the MQTT explanation. I saw when editing the skin.conf
that ws and wss are preconfigured. But I didn't think anything of it and
was under the mistaken impression that mqtt would also work...

Since the weather page will only run locally for me, I'll stick with my
config for now. But it's good to know what I can do if I want to go out
into the big wide world.

Now to the topic: DEBUG user.gaugeengine: GaugeGenerator: Cannot decode
reading of 'None' for gauge
windDir' is understandable, there has been no wind here for a few hours, so
that also fits. For 'windDir' there are really many lines.
But for 'outTemp', 'barometer', 'outHumidity', 'dewpoint'... there are also
these messages. They don't really bother me, but I wanted to mention it
anyway. I am attaching the zipped syslog.

Last point:
Reason: cannot find 'max_wind' while searching for
'BootstrapLabels.history_tables.max_wind'

I haven't actually changed the language to German yet. That would have been
one of my next steps. But the value is not available in
skins/languages/german.conf. So I added it and now I get the following
error:

Feb 24 19:07:24 weewx-test weewx[9347] DEBUG weewx.manager: Daily summary
version is 3.0
Feb 24 19:07:24 weewx-test weewx[9347] INFO user.historygenerator:
historygenerator.py: Generated 6 tables in 0.57 seconds
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator:
Generate failed with exception '<class 'NameMapper.NotFound'>'
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
Ignoring template /home/weewx/skins/Bootstrap/history.html.tmpl
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
Reason: cannot find 'max_wind_table'
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
Traceback (most recent call last):
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator:
****    File "/home/weewx/bin/weewx/cheetahgenerator.py", line 323, in
generate
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator:
****      unicode_string = compiled_template.respond()
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator:
****    File "_home_weewx_skins_Bootstrap_history_html_tmpl.py", line 202,
in respond
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator: ****
NameMapper.NotFound: cannot find 'max_wind_table'
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] INFO weewx.cheetahgenerator:
Generated 10 files for report HTMLPages in 1.22 seconds
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] INFO weewx.reportengine: Copied 13
files to /var/www/html/weewx/Bootstrap
Feb 24 19:07:25 weewx-test weewx[9347] DEBUG weewx.reportengine: Report
'FTP' not enabled. Skipping.