Hello, my searching thus far has been fruitless.

I'd like to hook a Rainwise RAINEW 111 wired rain gauge up to WeeWx running
on a Raspberry Pi Zero W. Does anyone have any experience with this?

https://rainwise.com/wired-rain-gauge

I know I can just write my own program in Python to monitor, count, and log
the bucket tips, but I suspect there's a better way to do it using WeeWx,
since the exact rain gauge is shown in the supported hardware list at the
end under one-wire.

I think the OWFS might be the right direction, but I have no idea how it
applies. Is the bucket simply hooked up to a GPIO pin and GND? How do I get
WeeWx to monitor the pin and log the bucket tips as rainfall?

Thanks!
Seth