Adam:

Sorry for the late reply. I am still adjusting my gmail filters to get all
the weewx-users and weewx-developer messages through.

I ran into the same problem when I started using the docker image for my
custom install. I wanted to bring in a few of the popular weewx extensions
(MQTT, Belchertown, Windy) yet if I recreate the container, I would have to
manually re-add these extensions and then post my weewx.conf back into the
solution. This can be a problem when you have to reboot the server for
maintenance.

So going back to my notes and repo internally, what I did was to create my
own docker image using Tom Mitchell's image, then loading the extensions
and then copying my weewx.conf file back AFTER the extensions were
installed. I also updated his executing script (/bin/run) to point the
weewx.conf file to a specific folder (/home/weewx/config/weewx.conf). This
way I can make changes to the weewx.conf, redeploy the solution, rebuild
the image, etc.

To help understand all of this (as this took some time to set up as I was
learning docker), I created a public github repo that has all of these
files and configurations set so you can see how I set up my station. All of
the sensitive items have been removed, so you will need to go through the
config files and update them for your station.

here is that link : WeeWX Docker Stack Example (NGINX | MQTT | WEEWX |
MARIADB) <https://github.com/djenk41us/weewx-docker-stack>

Please let me know if this helps and let me know the next issue that you
run into.

DDJ