@DougJenkins I am hoping that you might be able to see what I am doing
wrong.  I can see that the config files are being written inside the docker
container and not the path in /AppData.  The weird thing is that it does
create the WeeWx folder in AppData but it is empty.

https://hub.docker.com/r/mitct02/weewx

The documentation is for docker run and thus it isn't the same thing:

docker run -d --volume /Users/tom/weewx.conf:/home/weewx/weewx.conf --volume

I did try this - I ended up with a subfolder of "weex.conf" that was again
empty.