Thanks maybe I will try this out sometime.

I had an Idea: If I understand the strategies wiki right: can I save to the
local sqlite database and to an external mysql database simultaneously? If
so, I could send it to a mysql database on my webhosting and then access it
with another weewx installation on another computer and let the heavier
skins run there?  So:

raspberry Pi A [sqlite local reports] --> webserver [mysql] <--> raspberry
Pi B (or other computer) [skin reports]

Could I access the mysql database simultaneously with weewx on system B?
Would it run reports automatically without an attached weather station?