"michael.k...@gmx.at" <michael.kainzba...@gmx.at> writes:

> A must have is also the possibility to backfill values if, for whatever
> reasons, weewx isn't there to collect the data, at least for two or three
> days, and a driver that can take care of this. If the backfill source is
> some cloud service or the device directly, either way is OK, as long as it
> works.

I think your requirement probably also includes backfill over times that
the internet didn't work either.

> - Buy a Davis Vantage Pro 2 and an extra transmitter kit for the wind and
> UV/radiation sensor. The rain bucket should be detachable from the humitemp
> (right?) How does the Davis work in terms of backfilling data?

On mine, the rain, humidity/temp, and UV/radiation are lal on one unit.
There is a cable for anemometer, but I haven't tried to remotre it.

The backfill works great with weewx, in my case with the serial
datalogger.  I think it's the same with USB.  There are newer
dataloggers that seem more TCP/IP and more cloudy and I really don't
understand but I fear that Davis is straying from the enlightened path.