> I think your requirement probably also includes backfill over times that
> the internet didn't work either.

Yes. In general: a weather station that can autonomously collect data, with
an easy-to-use capability to get this data into the weewx database at any
other time. In whatever way. Preferable directly from the device into the
database, but it is also OK, if the station's memory can't be accessed
locally, but is synchronized with the cloud service when the connection is
available again and one can backfill the data from the cloud API.