FWIW, I have a github repo (here)
<https://github.com/vinceskahan/weewx-v5-venv-installer> with a bash script
that automates the v5 pip install, installs and configures nginx and my
'mem' extension, hooks weewx into the nginx web, and starts it all up.  I
use this on pi and vagrant virtual machines to fiddle with the v5 beta.

Works for me as a one-step installer on a 'clean' sacrificial system and
it's tested on several os variants.

 Please read the toplevel readme file and do a quick read of the example
logfile it generates to see what it does step-by-step.