On Sunday, January 14, 2024 at 8:51:09 PM UTC-5 vince wrote:

Matthew - the issue now on f39 is 'your' old key from keys.html.  Tom's
updated key imports ok.

short version: we need to use 4096 bits and SHA256

for the record (and the benefit of future me), the latest fedora rejects
tom's original key because it is SHA1, but it rejects my original key
because it is a 1024-bit asymmetric that was created in 2014.  this will
probably be an issue on suse, since we sign the rpms for both redhat and
suse.  it is easier to fix for debian, since we sign the repository index
for apt, not individual .deb files.  we'll re-sign everything (again).

for those of you who need to update signatures and things you have signed,
redhat has some details:

https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/updating-gpg-keys-for-fedora-and-rhel

and this NIST 2019 publication explains why it is necessary:

https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-131Ar2.pdf