I have been waiting for the official release and plan on using the pip method on a brand new install on a Rasp Pi 4.

I see from the discussions there is something installed called venv in this current way of doing things, which must run sort of like a sandbox where things are contained and cannot get out of bounds too easily.

A question:  Does this extract much of a performance penalty to do this, which not knowing for sure, I assume is basically an emulator of whatever is in the running program?  Should my Rasp Pi 4 be fast enough to handle whatever extra overhead this program might require?  Sounds as if the authors have been careful to make sure V5 runs without dogging down.

Thx.  Dale