Interesting, I hadn't noticed that, and I see the same pattern on the other
days you have posted.
I suspect what is happening is that if the data buffer is full, the final
data item is continually over written with that days accumulated rain which
the WS6.in1 driver then assumes is a normal value.
I will test this - I need to wait for the buffer on my weather station to
be full (late Feb) and then wait for a rainy day.  Depending on what is
output by the weather station to the driver I will update the driver.
But again for you the simple solution is to regularly manually reset the
data buffer following the instructions in the (on line) user manual - this
should ensure you have no gaps in your data and will remove the spikes - a
double win.

Hope this helps

Bob