Unfortunately the interface from the Bresser PC console doesn't include the
battery status - so not provided because its not available (i wish it was,
a silly oversight)

Why 5 minute intervals ... it seems a sensible compromise of providing
useful data while not filling the disk up too rapidly (the console itself
does 12 second updates), but recording at the same interval that weewx is
putting data into the database seems a good compromise.

Hope this helps

Bob