On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:36:16AM +0100, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:

> Note that this time while I had wengo running I had a pop-up that asked
> me to authorize presence info for a remote (unknown) party. So there
> seems some support of p2p presence working. I'll now re-test with
> several clients.

I've just tested:
  Laptop                      Desktop
  voip_testuser               voip_testuser01

I'm seeing presence status of the Laptop/voip_testuser on the Desktop,
on the Laptop I had to answer a popup to allow presence. The other
direction doesn't seem to work.

Propagation of Presence-Status changes is sometimes very slow (more than
five minutes that the peer doesn't recognize a status change).

I had to repeatedly answer the same popups concerning presence status:
- Would be nice if the phone remembers my decision (for the session)
  even nicer would be if this decision can be made persistent
- Maybe we want to allow presence to be shared if the peer is in my
  contactlist, so no popup would occur in this case?
- A default setting that I don't want to share presence beyong my
  contacts would also be nice.

I'll now retest with Darshaka Pathirana, maybe the unidirectional
phenomenon is caused by the fact that both clients are behind the same
nat firewall (although I'm using Linux kernel sip connection tracking in
the firewall).

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  Fax:   +43/2243/26465-23