On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 05:15:16PM +0100, David Philippi wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 13.12.2005, 17:08 +0100 schrieb Nils Kneuper:
> > It is mainly need on big screens and most users that
> > use big screens also do have rather fast machines. (>500MHz)
>
> Why not make it even simpler - only active it for a defined resolution
> and above? I think everything beyond 1024x786 or even 800x600 may use
> bilinear as it is unlikely that the user is running a very slow machine.

I, for one, use & 2x1GHz PIII box (although a bit olf, I wouldn't
consider it slow ;), and rarely use the full 1920x1440 resolution in
wesnoth, because redraws are waaay too slow.  So I'd think making this
feature user-configurable could be useful, at least until we have
feedback about the performance hit.

--
Yann Dirson    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
Debian-related: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux:
     http://ydirson.free.fr/        | Check <http://www.debian.org/>