On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 02:19:38PM +0200, Moritz Goebelbecker wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 17. April 2007 21:13 schrieb Nils Kneuper:
> > Hiho everbody!
> > Okay, how does it look? Will it be possible to get a release done on
> > Saturday? Here are the things that might still be missing:
> > * Terrain system: Is the "final" state reached?
>
> I have a completed conversion of terrain.cfg and terrain-graphics.cfg in my
> local tree. I will probably do the conversion of campaigns and maps tomorrow
> (I'll post a notice to the ML when I start).
>
> But I've come to realize that it's probably a bad idea to change terrain
> letters without any backwards compatibility. As this transition will not use
> any previously used terrain strings, one could implement a translation table
> for the next 1-2 versions (at least for maps).
> The easiest way would be to hardcode the translations in the map loading
> code.
> I's not elegant, but it is only temporary anyway.

It would be possible to maintain an internal translation table for a
short while. As soon as I have the definitive list with changed terrain
letters I can add this feature.
(I'd say for 2 versions and noted as deprecated and then removed; so that
would be 1.3.4.)

Regards,

Mark de Wever aka Mordante/SkeletonCrew