On 5/7/07, Joseph Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Firstly, I think the requirement that they must have animations for all
> new units is unnecessary, and is likely to make most UMCs - even the
> very good ones - unable to be added. It makes sense to require that they
> have decent static frames, but if you require animations no one will be
> able to comply - or, at least, almost no one.

well, in my mind, campaign specific units should be (as much as
possible) restricted to units that are really specific to the
campaigns (heros, and very specific units like the desert elves)

lots of UMC add some units that are not campaign specific, but here to
add more variety to the recruitments...

these units (once introduced) are likely candidates to become
"mainline but not included in any faction" which is the rational for
the complete art requirement...

> Also, it would help to have a description of _how_ a campaign would be
> added - meaning, what does the campaign creator have to do to get it
> added? Who does he submit it to for consideration? How much control will
> he have over it once it is included in mainline? (If they lose too much
> control of the creative process, many campaign devs won't want to get
> theirs included).

as explained in the mail, once the mail has all the requirements, it's
mostly a passive process for the maintainers..

-  campaing dev test the campaign
- campaign dev likes the campaign
- campaign dev checks the campaign follows requirements
- campaign dev includes the campaign

on a related note, we should have at least one officiall campaign dev
before posting that, even if that person is just in charge of finding
someone to replace him...