On Jan 25, 2008 5:31 PM, Bruno Wolff III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Problems with particular build scripts are also less likely to get
> noticed. If you don't have someone who knows all of the build systems in use,
> you have to have different people modify them for new additions and I suspect
> this makes it easier to have problems in some of the build systems.

Indeed. Instead of one system working good, there are multiple
half-working ones (e.g. in my case, I maintain the scons build, so
it's almost untested for Windows with VC and for OSX).

I also just noticed, I lied about the scons build of SilverTree being
a single file, the various config tests are imported from additional
files: http://silvertree.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/scons/

But anyway, apparently ESR already started creating a prototype scons
build for Wesnoth, so that will give a much better impression of what
it looks like :)