Fabian Mueller wrote:

>>> For scenarios that embed the map_data and for backwards compatibility I
>>> suggest to let the map_data attribute to
>>> stay valid in [scenario].
>>>
>> I think this is a bad idea, it seems cleaner to allow the [map]-tag
>> directly in a scenario file instead. Keeping backwards-compatibility
>> with something that (imho) seems wmllintable looks like more work than
>> it is worth.
>
> Hmmm.
>
> First, writing in a human edited file causes mess from time to time.
> Second, I don't know if there is code for that available.
> The parser's write() method seems to start with an emptied file on every
> readout.

I think when the [map] tag is directly in the scenario, the Map-Editor does not
have to
support it, only the game engine.

So, there would be two options for authors:

(a) If you want to build your map by macros, put the [map] tag directly in the
scenario
file (or include a WML file containing Macros) and don't dream about using the
map editor.

(b) If you want to use the editor, put the [map] in a external file and include
it in your
scenario.

(b) would be the common use case, but I think (a) would be automatically
supported by the
game engine without much programming work.
The editor could warn at opening a map file containing macros, and offer to
expand them
(or alternatively not load the file).

PaĆ­lo