El dom, 21-02-2010 a las 12:40 +0100, Nils Kneuper escribió:
> In fact the editor is used for a third important task, too:
>
> 3) are terrains and their transitions fine?

Slightly OT, but has to do with the map-editor/map-format: One thing
relating to this is that it would be nice to pin what variation of a
terrain is used in specific locations (this would go in the
Ivanovic-file-number-2).

> <major snip: everything else Ivanovic wrote>

I agree on this approach, and have two additional features that I would
like to see implemented.

1) Including a 'complete' and relevant WML-reference in the help-system,
that is accesible through the later stages of the 'new' editor.

I am aware of that it requires lots of updating of the documentation
(mainly the 'guides' - but also handling the 'dev-version-only' things
that should be stripped out for the stable releases), but I think it is
worth it to include a reference in the editor as it will allow content
developers to just access it (as opposed to go to a website, where it is
almost equally easy to post a question on the forums)

2) clean the map-format and move the 'usage' and 'border' keys and also
the starting positions to the new number-two file Ivanovic wrote about.

Then the maps will be easier to parse for other tools or for WML itself
(as you can just read a map file as a comma and newline separated
string)

/tsr