I can't speak for other users, but I *loved* hacking on Wesnoth AI's when it was possible to do in Python. Being able to recode the AI as the game ran was awesome. I tried to replicate some of my stuff with formula AI, but it was foreign to me. Perhaps someone has redone Bruteforce python AI in Lua?