On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 01:05:09PM -0800, Greg Boggs wrote:
> I can't speak for other users, but I *loved* hacking on Wesnoth AI's
> when it was possible to do in Python. Being able to recode the AI as the
> game ran was awesome.

I also liked the Python AI, but the security problems were the reason to
remove it. (In fact my first patches for Wesnoth were improvements to
that part of the code.)

> I tried to replicate some of my stuff with formula  AI, but it was
> foreign to me.

Which I already feared a bit, a functional language is rather different
in usage. (No bashing I used LISP for quite a while and liked it, but it
requires different thinking from things like WML, Python, Lua.)

> Perhaps someone has redone Bruteforce  python AI in Lua?

Not as far as I know, but 1.8 will be the first stable release with Lua
so I look forward to see what 1.8 will bring in the user made AI front.

--
Regards,
Mark de Wever aka Mordante/SkeletonCrew